Is The Wolf Cut Today’s Hottest Hairstyle?
The Wolf Cut. Where Did It Begin…
Before the wolf cut could run, the mullet and shag was first…
Born in Korea and popularized on social media, the wolf cut is the hottest hair trend today. This post-quarantine hairstyle took over TikTok due to the level of ease of the DIY cut. Now celebrities like Billie Eilis, Debby Ryan and Miley Cyrus have joined the pack. This hairstyle is a modernised version of the mullet, but with a ton of volume at the top and fringe layers towards the bottom. This makes it a prime option for cutting off some length for your summer ‘do.
With the resurgence of hair trends from the ‘70s and ‘80s, it’s no wonder this haircut is gaining popularity. Made famous by Davis Bowie and his alter ego Ziggy Stardust, and re-established by Miley Cyrus in 2020. The non-binary cut celebrates androgyny and gives an edgier look to anyone who dares to try it. There’s a lot of freedom with styling this cut, whether you want a softer wolf cut or lots of layers.
Wolf Cut – How to Style?
Thankfully, styling a wolf cut hairdo isn’t hard to do. All it takes is 10 to 15 minutes in front of the mirror to achieve a gorgeous, voluminous shape. Here’s how:
- If you happen to have fine hair, be aware that natural oils and too much product will bog down your hair texture.
- Comb your hair and style it while damp.
- If you have curly or wavy hair, apply a leave-in conditioner. Then use a texturizing spray or cream and a lightweight moose. Rake both products through your roots.
- If you have straight hair, you can try applying moose and then a hair curl cream from mid-length to the ends of your hair for added volume. If your hair is looking a little flat, try using a flat iron instead and then a texturizing spray to promote lift.
- To get the face-framing effect, style the shorter layers away from your face rather than inward.
- If you have them, don’t forget to style your layered bangs. Use a flat iron to even them out.
- To finish out the look, either leave it be and allow it to air dry or use a blow dryer and comb out your ends with a round brush .
Anyone can pull off this look, regardless of their hair texture or length. The wolf cut is also gender-neutral, men and women alike are wearing the Wolf cut. It’s a low-maintenance look making it suitable for all hair types and face shapes.
The wolf cut is ideal anyone who likes hair with attitude and we mean a lot of attitude.
It’s perfect for anyone who wants more volume, such as those with straight or fine hair. That said, people with naturally voluminous curly or thick hair will have an easier time maintaining lift than those without.
If it’s trimmed right and if you’ve got thicker hair you can get away with a wash-and-go now and again. However if you want that TikTok glamour 24/7, you can’t rely on your natural texture alone.